Jackson Church is committed to loving people in our community expressing God’s great love for them; learning about life the way God designed it; living our faith in community and the world. We have the privilege of partnering with God’s work in the world by using our gifts and resources through the local church.
How Can I Give?
JUMC offers safe and secure methods of giving and provide convenient ways to offer our tithes and financially contribute.
- Weekend services: Simply place cash or checks in the offering plate during the offering at any weekend service. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope, so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
- Online giving: Online giving through Paypal allows for any dollar amount you decide to be deducted automatically from a checking, savings, or credit card account. You can set up online giving either as a one-time donation or a recurring gift. Online giving is not only easy, it’s also safe and secure. The ability to give online also helps individuals and families remain faithful in their giving even when they are out of town or unable to attend a weekend service.
- ACH: Fill out a form from Vanco Payment Solutions and you can set-up regular donations withdrawn from you checking or savings account.
- By mail: Mail your donation to Jackson Church at 68 Bennetts Mills Road, Jackson, NJ 08527. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
Why We Offer e-Giving Options
A study of U.S. churchgoers and their attitudes, preferences and behaviors toward giving show that churchgoers have significant preferences toward electronic giving options:
- 60 percent of overall churchgoers prefer giving electronically, and it’s not just millennials. The study found that preferences toward e-Giving were strong across all age groups.
- There is a sizable “giving gap” between how givers prefer to give and by what options churches offer them to give.
- Members who are most engaged in church activities are the ones who want e-Giving the most.
We give to minister in Jesus’ name. Locally and around the world, we do remarkable ministry.
In Jackson Township and other local communities, Jackson Church has a direct impact on people’s lives, people you might know! Whether it’s offering hope through worship and classes; educating our children; feeding people in need; fueling the Jackson Food Bank; helping people with bills in hard times; transforming the schools by direct involvement; offering a place of safety and recovery and much more. Right here in Jackson.
Also, together in partnership with other United Methodist Churches, we care for survivors recovering from earthquakes and storms; we invest, long term, in vulnerable communities; we implement the most effective solutions to diseases like malaria; we equip the next generation to lead the church and society. In all of this, we share the good news of Jesus Christ.
JUMC’s Financial Accountability
We have a duty to manage the financial resources entrusted to us with faithfulness and should be held to a higher than human standard, because we are God’s stewards. To reach this standard, we established the following budgeting and reporting processes:
- Weekly – A church appointed Treasurer pays the bills and records the expense transactions. After church on Sundays, two non-related, church appointed adults count the offering and once the donations are reconciled, one of the counters takes the donations to be deposited. All donations are recorded in a safe and secure website designed for churches, called iconcmo.com. As a financial contributor to JUMC, you have access to your giving records at anytime and for tax purposes.
- Monthly – All transactions, income and expense reports, bank statements, and balance sheets are available for review by the Stewardship and Finance Committee, the Board of Trustees, and Church Council. The Stewardship and Finance Committee Chair and Treasurer gives a status report with financial data to the Church Council.
- Annually – Staff, Finance Committee and Church Chouncil prepare an operating budget that is presented for congregational review and affirmation. Our financial records are available upon request to be reviewed by an agreed upon outside, independent public accountant.
Copies of the operating budget for the current fiscal year are available upon request to the church office and the most recently reviewed financial statement are available by attending our monthly Church Council meetings.
Estate Planning and Non-Cash Giving
“Legacy giving” through JUMC can help you provide for your church and local community through your estate. This can help avoid probate while minimizing taxes and support causes close to your heart. More importantly, it provides a biblical understanding of stewardship and how biblical principles can influence your estate-planning decisions.
JUMC offers classes and workshops for those interested in learning these principles of biblically focused financial management lead by financial professionals. If you would like to be notified about the next workshop, please contact the church office.
You can find creative ways to make contributions to JUMC’s ministries through non-cash gifts. Here are a few options to consider: Stocks and mutual funds, life insurance, retirement assets, bequests, and charitable gift fund donations. For additional information, contact JUMC or the Pastor directly.