JUMC runs on volunteers
Week after week, dozens of volunteers help out here at JUMC and out in the community, giving and serving the community that they love in the name of Christ. Without these dedicated people, we would not be able to offer programs such as Christian Friends Forever, Sunday School, VBS, and our Living Nativity.
As we grow as a church and community, new volunteer opportunities are opening and we encourage you to consider serving in one of these areas. Select any position below to find out more and let us if you would like to serve in that area!
Education Lead Team
Recovery Ministries Lead Team
Thrift Shop Lead Team
Food Pantry Team
Christian Friends Forever Lead Team
Jackson Arts Ministry Lead Team
JAM Teacher/Group Leader – General
Adult Education Teacher/Group Leader
Sunday School Teacher
We are searching for a friendly and reliable Sunday School Teacher to join our organization. If you’re a motivated and creative professional with a talent for teaching, then we’re interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for a range of duties including developing lesson plans, assigning homework, responding to issues, and addressing students’ needs.
As the Sunday School Teacher, you will demonstrate in-depth Bible knowledge and outstanding teaching abilities. Our ideal candidate is an active church member, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Sunday School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Create lesson plans in line with the curriculum.
- Prepare and oversee weekly Bible lessons.
- Help with all the fundraising events related to the Sunday school department.
- Develop educational plays and skits.
- Attend weekly meetings with all assigned teachers and management staff.
- Respond to all Sunday-school related issues and offer guidance.
- Ensure that the designated area of the Sunday school is clean and presentable.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Assist children in completing assigned projects.
- Oversee the attendance record.
Sunday School Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as an Educator is advantageous.
- Active Church and community member.
- Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
- Must be available to teach classes twice a week including Sundays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.